Never set goals again. Do this instead!
Stop planning so many damn goals for yourself.
Intentions, on the other hand, are delicious flexible sexy alluring self-fulling prophecies that are oh so kind to our sanity.
Here’s the difference between goals and intention:
Goals are fickle and wild and can be entirely out of your control.
There’s a sense of attachment there — of grasping. Goals may change. Your goals may, in fact, be at the whim of some other force. You can hustle all you want, and be disciplined all you want. You may meet your goals.
Or not. Impermanence is real. Life may have other plans. Your goals may not come to be, either because you change or life does. Which is okay.
What Are The Secrets?
- Take your dreams seriously. Don't allow yourself to push your dreams away. They're not meant to remain fantasies forever; you need to bring them into reality! When you take your dreams seriously, you turn into plans and intentions. When you intend to do something, it becomes real and brings your dreams to life.
- Gain clarity. Do whatever is within your power to clarify your dreams and intentions. You can do this by simply brainstorming and sorting out your thoughts. *Keep a journal and get into the habit of writing everything down. Writing down your intentions is psychologically powerful. Post your ultimate dream or intention somewhere where you'll see it every day.
- Declare your intentions. Make your intentions known to the world so you'll be held accountable for them. You might think that keeping them inside your chaotic head is better than nothing because then no one will know if you fail, but in that scenario, you've given up and failed yourself. *Tell your friends and family of your intentions and keep them up to date on your progress. *Alternatively, keep an online blog or social account for sharing your intentions.
- Take action every day. Whether your intentions are large or small, do something every day that's a step forward toward your intentions. Even if your step for the day is a very small one, it's a positive progress that'll add up to something big over time.
- Keep building new intentions. Once you fulfill your intention, set new ones and set them often. The more you build intentions around the things you do, the more productive you'll become and the more things will seem to go your way. *Remember that every intention doesn't have to be about hard work. You can keep your brain active while you engage in rest activities as well. For instance, when you intend to have a good time relaxing, you likely will.
Unlike goals, with intention setting, regardless of what happens, you can keep your word.
My energy, my vibe, and how I’m showing up in the world, those can remain the same regardless of what life throws at me. Whether I’m ravaged with success or unexpected roadblocks, I can remain an explorer of this journey. I can stay flexible and grateful.
The flip side is this: you can have all the success in the world and it still might feel empty. Maybe you do meet all of your goals and find… nothing. It doesn’t make you feel any particular way at all because there was no resonant intention there. It doesn’t feel “right” because it wasn’t true for you all along. Can you relate?
This also means that you’re less likely to be thrown off your game. The thing that you wanted to happen didn’t happen? It’s totally okay. You’re still here, grounded in the “why” behind what you do.
So what are YOUR intentions this year?
What do you want 2021 to be?
I’ll tell you a secret: we can’t control the future. But we can decide how we embody our lives,
no matter what comes. If you're ready to finally take your life or business more seriously, you would be sorely missing out if that plan didn't include joining The 8% Club RIGHT NOW!
Planning a year ahead or even day by day isn’t about unrealistic goals that will only make us feel bad about ourselves (can someone say paying off all debt within 1 week or losing 20 pounds by next Monday!) It’s not about meeting someone else’s standards or judging ourselves by our ability to be as productive as humanly possible.
The 8% Club is about something else entirely: choosing how we as women want to show up for our lives and feel accomplished + fulfilled. Setting an intention, creating a vision for the day - month- and year, practicing embodiment, and then focusing in on a few, precious areas of our lives where we want to take the most intentional actions.
If you’re ready to add more success, more abundance, more clarity—or for heaven's sake just more of yourself—to your own life, I’ll show you how. We start with intention, and add from there. Join us now in the club.
Join me for one of my most popular events of the year: The 2021 Planning Party
JOIN THE WORKSHOP
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the weekly edit.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.